Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Plenty of grace to go around

Grace is a powerful force! Although certain brands of Pentecost seem somewhat afraid of too much Grace, I want all I can get. The longer I live for God, the more important Grace becomes to me and the more thankful I am for it in my life.

I am thankful Grace answers my need for eternal salvation. I am also thankful that the value of Grace goes beyond eternal salvation. Grace has a tremendous impact on our faith. When we understand Grace, our confidence in God’s willingness to see us through is greater. We will attempt greater things and larger leaps for God when we really understand Grace’s guaranty.

We are also less likely to be tormented by our fears when we understand Grace. Fear, the worry and torment associated with the unknown, constantly bombards our minds. And, it doesn’t have to be rational fear. It is generally very irrational, but it paralyzes none the less. When one understands God’s commitment to us because of His Grace, one will be less likely to give into fear or driven by fear to make poor choices or do dumb things.

We will be more inclined to wait patiently on the Lord longer if and when we understand Grace. The longer one has to wait for God the more fearful one becomes or the less interested one is. Time is a corroding and degrading element and the longer something is delayed the harder it is for one to keep watching. However, the more one understands about Grace, the surer one will be of the right outcomes even if it takes a long, long time. There is great reward in resting “in the Lord and waiting patiently for Him…” (Psalms 37:7)

The affects of Grace are especially beneficial in our relationships with others. One is far more likely to tolerate people’s issues when one understands Grace. This special tolerance for others comes from a humility born of the impact of Grace in our life. This special tolerance comes in the form of compassion towards others because of the compassion we received from the Lord.

I am thankful for Grace. I want to understand it far more than I ever have. I believe it to be utterly reliable. I am certain it is revolutionary and transformational, eternally and materially.

No comments:

Post a Comment