Saturday, July 4, 2009

Freedom


Freedom is the state in which a person is able to act and live as he or she chooses, without being subject to any undue restraints or restrictions. I am so thankful for the freedom I have as a citizen of this great country and as a citizen of a heavenly kingdom. I am so very thankful that God’s providence allowed me to be born in the land of the free and the home of the brave. Likewise I am so very thankful I have been born again into a heavenly kingdom where I am free from the bondage of sin and death.

I really do rejoice in my freedom. Some may think Pentecost is restrictive. Some may suggest our civil liberties are lost. I cannot completely concur. I chose to live for God and I am very comfortable with the fact that there is nothing undue or unreasonable about His requirements. I am also very willing to tolerate certain inconveniences in exchange for a compulsory education, a representative democracy, and the right to assemble and worship as I chose. We are truly blessed!

I also want to recognize and publicly appreciate my fellow veterans and those now serving in our Armed Forces. Freedom is very free – for most people. Freedom was purchased by the blood of heroes and is preserved by the indomitable spirit and selfless sacrifice of those now filling their shoes. If you were not one of those heroes you owe them a debt!

God bless America, the land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her through the night with the light from above…

2 comments: