Monday, July 27, 2009

Enough GRACE


What makes our life possible? What makes living a life in Christ possible? How is it possible to get up each day and believe God for a good outcome? What makes it possible to sing in the rain, laugh in the storm, and rejoice in adversity? How is it possible to have joy when you are unhappy, contentment when you do not have enough, and strength after a long battle? The simple answer is GRACE - the favor of God.

There is no way to make it without it. There is no reason to try to make it without it. I am thankful no one has to do either. I am also thankful I do not have to earn it or be qualified for it. Now, I am not suggesting we can take advantage of it, leverage it against God to get our own way, or use it to commandeer the universe, but I am confident that “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all … shall with him also freely give us all things” (Romans 8:32 KJV).

I need a revelation about the favor of God. I think we all do. If God wanted us dead we would be. If He intended to fry us for our latest misstep He would have. I do not think that is God’s disposition towards us. I think the Cross said everything we need to know about what God wants to do with us and for us. I need GRACE. Thankfully, I have access to it. How about we not be ashamed of the GRACE message and learn to live in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment